Suggested WoW ability: Living Nightmare / Dying Nightmare
I suggest for either of the following player abilities to be added to WoW. The reasoning is that this would be awesome and cool. Either of these would fit the kit of a Warlock, a Shadow Priest, or a Death Knight:
- Living Nightmare. This would be a non-spammable CC ability with a medium-to-long cooldown.
- Dying Nightmare. This would be either a passive ability that activates randomly when dealing a killing blow to a player; or an active ability with a cooldown, giving the targeted player a debuff, and activating if the player dies with the debuff. Dying Nightmare would be an "enhanced death" experience, rather than a CC.
- A rocky cliff with a narrow tightrope to another cliff, where there is a portal. If the player makes it across the tightrope without falling, and enters the portal, the player is ported back to their body without delay - either ending the CC, or causing them to die. There is a side wind making it difficult to walk the tightrope successfully. If the player falls off, or doesn't attempt to walk the tightrope, the player is returned to their body when a timer expires.
- A room with three walls. One of the walls is missing, instead of it there is a black abyss. The player starts on one side of the room, with a strong wind moving them towards the abyss. The player must use a speed boost to successfully cross the room and get to the exit portal on the opposite side before they are blown into the abyss. If the player fails, their spirit falls into the abyss, and is returned to their body when a timer expires.
- A garbage compactor room with walls closing in on the player. On the floor, in front of the player, there's a knife. The player can click the knife and end the nightmare, but doing this deals damage to their body on return; the more damage the faster the player chooses to return. If the player doesn't click the knife, the walls continue closing in. When the room crushes the player, a scream is heard, and the player is returned to their body.