Roland's Roasted Soybeans (Edamame)

Just today, I found this product in our local store (Auto Mercado in San Jose, Costa Rica). If they have it here, they're pretty sure to have it most places in the US:



Never mind the "feng shui" crap. This is the perfect snack!

  • It's tasty in a similar way as roasted nuts (just less fatty).
  • Whereas nuts are largely fat, with some protein, these roasted soybeans claim to have a large portion of protein, with the remaining content balanced between fats and carbohydrates. (And none of the fats are saturated! If it matters.)
  • It's filling! Eating the same amount of nuts just leaves me wanting more nuts (and calories), but eating 30 grams of this is satisfying.
  • At 13g of protein per 130 kCal, I could literally eat this all day, and not depart from my diet!
  • It has a better protein/kCal ratio than most protein bars, without the overbearing sweetness!
  • All dat fiber, it helps you poop! (Probably.)

Yummy. I'm sure most people will continue to prefer their Doritos, but I love to have this as an option for when I would otherwise crave junk food (which for me is all carbs or fat, and no protein).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Unreachable" beauty standards

Is the internet ready for DMARC with p=reject?

When monospace fonts aren't: The Unicode character width nightmare