- Arrest some volunteers who have come to help people in your country.
- Accuse them of griveous crimes they didn't commit.
- Stage a trial in which they are found guilty and sentenced to death.
- Prolong their ordeal and make more noises and sentences until their home country is willing to trade something big for them.
- Ship them back home in exchange for a bounty of a deal.
How much did the EU pay to get these medics back? About half a billion dollars just to compensate the families of the children - whose deaths were almost certainly due to poor hygiene in Libya's hospitals, and not due to malice on behalf of the volunteers.